Thursday, June 23, 2011

Serena Williams: Wins First Round At Wimbledon!


After a year away from tennis because of injury then illness, Serena Williams wins 1st round of Wimbeldon. 

At Wimbledon, Serena beat France’s Arvane Rezai 6-3, 3-6, 6-1. Serena Williams buried her face in her towel and cried from her courtside chair, after serving her 13th ace to close the match. As she walked off the court, she was still crying. 


She said, “I usually don’t cry, so I don’t understand it. “But it’s just been so hard... It’s been a disaster year. I didn’t expect to play. This is, just, I’m excited. I never cry with joy for anything,” she added. 

We’ve seen Serena funny and sad, happy and mad, and we’ve never seen her like this. This is the side that her fans and critics like to see. 





No comments:

Post a Comment